Grand Opening Celebration Planned for September
(August 2017) Overland Park, Kan. – Beef Jerky Experience has opened for business in the Corbin Park retail village in Overland Park. The store is address is 6301 West 135th Street, Suite B, Overland Park, Kansas 66223. Visit the store online at KCKJerky.com or find them on Facebook @KCKJerky to learn more. This Beef Jerky Experience specializes in more than 100 varieties of premium jerky. Exotic meats like kangaroo, alligator, venison and elk, as well as specialty flavors such as Moonshine and Cajun. Gourmet snacks, popcorn, candy, jellies, jams, sauces, spices and rubs are also available. “This is such a fun store with a very unique shopping experience. You get to try it before you buy it,” said Martin Merriam, owner of the Overland Park Beef Jerky Experience. “We’re very excited about our upcoming grand opening celebration.” The store is currently planning their Grand Opening Celebration for next month. Like the store on Facebook @KCKJerky for updates and more details on grand opening plans. History of Jerky The word jerky has its origins in the native languages of South America. In the 1800s, the term “jerky” quickly spread across the New World to describe the process of smoking, drying and curing beef. Native Americans, cowboys and pioneers made and embraced jerky as an easily transportable and long-lasting food source. Today, jerky is one of the fastest growing snacks in the snack food industry. This is in part due to an increasingly high demand for lightweight, high protein, low fat, nutrient dense foods. All About Jerky
- Jerky has traditionally been the number-one favorite snack of the military, and for years, NASA has sent it into space with astronauts.
- IRI, a Chicago based market research firm, reports sales of jerky jumped 46 percent from 2009-2015, and Americans spent $2.8 billion on beef jerky in 2015.
- Jerky is in the beef snack category — the fastest growing segment of the snack food industry (Convenience Store Decisions, Nov. 2012).
- Our nation’s health craze is fueling the jerky revolution as runners, weightlifters, hikers and weekend warriors eat it before, during and after exercise.
- Jerky is a popular snack for folks on the Paleo diet, which urges consumers to eat the kinds of foods eaten by their hunter/gatherer ancestors.
- Jerky is catching on for women too, because the cured, low-fat snack provides an energy boost without spoiling the diet. A Penn State University study found physically active women, ages 18-45, consider jerky more convenient and satisfying than tortilla chips.
- Chefs are now incorporating jerky into their gourmet dishes. You can find jerky on the menus of high end restaurants in Four Seasons hotels and others throughout the country.About the Beef Jerky Outlet The Beef Jerky Outlet was founded in 2010 and is the country’s first national jerky franchise. The company is headquartered in Kodak, Tennessee and there are currently more than 100 franchise locations, including 6 founder-owned stores, with 106 additional stores planned. The Beef Jerky Outlet specializes in more than 100 varieties of premium jerky including exotic meats like kangaroo, alligator, venison and elk, as well as specialty flavors such as Moonshine and Cajun. Jerky is lean, high in protein, low in calories, contains less than 3% fat and has an extremely long shelf life. Millions seek out and enjoy this very nutritious snack every day. Across the country people are literally eating it up!