You’ve had twice baked potatoes before, but have you had JERKY twice baked potatoes?
The delicious shredded jerky mixed throughout these potatoes makes for a new spin on this classic recipe!
– Twice Baked Jerky Potatoes –
- 5 large Russet potatoes (one potato you will just use the flesh for mashing)
- Approximately 2 Tbsp olive oil to coat potatoes
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- SharePak (8oz) Smoked Original Jerky, shredded
- 3 Tbsp chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sour cream to top, optional
- 1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2. Wash potatoes by scrubbing with a vegetable brush. Pat potatoes dry. Using a fork, poke several holes in each potato.
- 3. Rub each potato with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- 4. Place potatoes in oven on a baking pan.
- 5. Bake 40-50 minutes, until skin is crisp, and potatoes feel soft when squeezed. Flip halfway through cooking, and sprinkle with more salt.
- 6. When cooled slightly, cut an oval shape in the top of each of the potatoes. Carefully scoop out most of the potato flesh leaving 1/3 of an inch of flesh along the skin. With one of the potatoes, you will scoop the flesh entirely out and discard the skin.
- 7. Mash the potato flesh with the butter, garlic and ¼ cup milk until smooth. Add more milk to adjust to the desired consistency. Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, 2/3 of the jerky, and chives.
- 8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 9. Spoon mashed potatoes back into skins and place in a 9”x13” baking dish.
- 10. Top each potato with the remaining cheese and jerky. Bake at 375 degrees until hot and the cheese is melted, approximately 15 minutes.
- 11. If desired, top with sour cream and additional chives.